How Do I...

Apply for a License

We appreciate the interest of each company that applies for a UC Irvine license. However, not every company that applies for a UCI license is granted one.

License applications may be submitted through the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).

UC Irvine takes into consideration the unique product, retail channel, and other strategic capabilities and benefits of each applicant. We look for companies who:

  • Have unique product offerings.
  • Have established retailer relationships and capabilities.
  • Have demonstrated their efforts to implement and align with the UC code standards.
  • Aligned and engaged in ethical labor and sustainability practices.
  • Are able disclose and document their current level and progress of their ethical labor management program.
  • Are willing to engage in a process of continuous improvement, including training and capacity building efforts, toward meeting UC Code standards throughout their supply chain.

For more information, visit About Licensing.


All Licensed Vendors    Local Licensed Vendors

What if a company is not licensed?
If you would like to source your products through a vendor that is not licensed, please contact us about the licensing process. Please know, UC Irvine is committed to the principles and standards of the UC Code of Conduct, thus the application process with UC Irvine will take longer.

Vendors: Would you like to become a licensed vendor?
To learn more about UC Irvine, please see our campus snapshot . For information about becoming a licensee, please contact our collegiate licensing partner, Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).

Order Logo Items

To use an official UC Irvine word mark, logo or other trademark on a commercial or consumer product, registered* student groups and campus organizations must follow the process described below.

Campus departments and internal units must source all commercial and consumer products bearing the UC Irvine name or a trademark through a licensed vendor.

Commercial and consumer products include goods for sale, resale (fundraising), internal use or to be given away.

The process:

Steps Instructions
Step 1: Review the Licensing Guidelines.
Step 2: Select or create artwork. See UC Irvine Art Sheet .
Step 3: Select a Licensed Vendor.
Step 4: Submit proposed artwork to the Licensed Vendor. The Licensed Vendor will submit the artwork to the Office of Trademarks and Licensing for approval and will be notified whether the artwork is approved or requires changes. Once the design is approved, the order can be fulfilled.

Please contact us with any questions; we are happy to offer assistance.

* Unregistered student groups should contact Student Life and Leadership at 949-824-5181 or visit the Campus Organizations website about the registration process.

Request Trademark Registration

The Office of Trademarks and Licensing is the clearinghouse for all university-related trademarks. All university-derived marks are the property of The Regents of the University of California and will be registered in the name of The Regents.

Under common law, a trademark is owned by virtue of use. While registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office does confer additional legal rights, many factors, including the likelihood of others using the trademark and the cost of registration should be considered before deciding whether to register a trademark.

Please contact us for more information about the registration process.